MAPC Board of Directors

MAPC Directors are nominated by two members representing their MAPC Member Group. They are voted into position during the Annual General Meeting (see Application package below for more details).

At least 75% of the positions on the board are filled by representatives nominated by the MAPC Member Group.  The other 25% may be held by individual or life members. No more than two representatives can come from the same school division and only one individual may represent a member school group.
Note: if the number of applicants exceeds the quotas described above, the voting membership present at the AGM will determine whether an election needs to be conducted in order to determine appropriate numbers.

See Part 5: MAPC Constitution for more information on the Board of Directors.

2016 - 2017 MAPC Board of Directors

President Boris Minkevich Louis Riel School Division
Vice President Nina Van Drunen Independent
Treasurer Khalid Mahmood Independent
Secretary Maria T. Fernandes Independent
Past President Judith Cameron Independent
Director Brenda Brazeau Independent
Director Jennifer Mitchell Winnipeg School Division
Director Bernice Rempel Winnipeg School Division
Director Ethel Raine Independent
Director Arlene Reid Winnipeg School Division

MAPC Staff:

Executive Director and Advocacy Project Coordinator:
Naomi Kruse

Administrative Assistant:
Renee Ritchot

MAPC Board Director APPLICATION PROCESS

Help us strengthen parental involvment in Manitoba's education system!

As a MAPC Board Director, you have the opportunity to take an active role in meaningful discussions that help set the direction of the organization. If you would like to learn more about the role of a MAPC Board Director, please refer to the Membership Terms of Reference.

Click on the appropriate link below to complete your 2017-18 application:

See the 2017-2018 promotional Flyer for Becoming a MAPC Board Director!

Print and complete your application manually.
Complete your application electronically.

DEADLINE for applications is March 07, 2017.

Questions? Contact the MAPC office.

external committees

The MAPC Board of Directors volunteer their time on various external committees throughout Manitoba and Canada’s educational system. Find out more about them and the work they are currently involved in HERE.